It is a great honor to pass and be one of the awardees of the prestigious Seal of Good Local Governance of the Department of Interior and Local Government for (5)five consecutive years… CONGRATULATIONS colleagues!!!! Abe Abe King Panyulung!!!!
Before Floridablanca was founded, there were in existence and settlements within the area villages called “hacienda”. Hacienda is a Spanish word for estate, in the case of this town was a plantation estate belonging to the order of Saint Augustine.
The town was first established in 1823 as hacienda of Spanish friars. The mission was under the Parish of Lubao and supervised by a capellan (priest). There was a chapel with a capellan and the place was named Hacienda de San Jose de Calampaui in honor of Saint Joseph who eventually became the patron saint of the town.
Entries of the Capellanes in 1867 showed that “Hacienda de San Jose de Calampaui” was renamed in the same year as “Pueblo de Floridablanca”.
Floridablanca is a Spanish word for “MaputingSampaga” in the vernacular and “white flower” in English. However, there were two versions as to how the town got its name. One is that the name Floridablanca was in honor of a Conde de Floridablancawhom they believed visited the place and hunted wild games in the early 1800’s. But nowhere in the history of the Philippines was a certain Count by that name had ever visited the country.
The other one, which is regarded as more credible, is anchored on the existence of the lowly pandacaqui plant (Scientific name: taberrapandacaquipoir) which abound and thrived under the lush forest cover of the town during that period. The plant has plenty of white florescence and may grow up to eight feet when it reaches maturity. It is valued and is often used for its medicinal efficacy in treating different diseases. It is widely believed that what greeted the Spaniards when they set foot on this soil were myriad of white flowers of pandacaqui, thus the name Floridablanca.
In the 1920s, the Pampanga Sugar Mill (PASUMIL) was set up in Del Carmen that became a major sugar manufacturer in the Philippines.
In 1940s, during World War II, the founding establishment of the local military general headquarters and camp bases of the Commonwealth Army of the Philippines was found active with the 2nd Infantry Regiment of the Philippine Constabulary military stationed in Floridablanca.
In 1947, the Philippine Air Force established the Basa Air Base, a major fighter base in an American military airfield in the municipality.